The Black Hawk County Water Trails Master Plan is currently in development and is expected to be complete by December 2018. The Master Plan will be available online and will include the following:
- Background and history of water trails planning in Black Hawk County
- An Existing Conditions section to describe each river
- A Vision of the water trails in Black Hawk County
- A development plan including recommendations, cost estimates, and site-specific details
- Graphic illustrations of project recommendations
- Maps of the water trails and relevant data
- Steering committee information
- Public input meeting responses
Information from the July 31 and August 2 public input meetings will help shape the final recommendations, and all comments received will be added to the document.
For more information about plans throughout the state, visit the Iowa DNR’s Water Trail Development website.