The Black Hawk County Water Trails Master Plan is the guiding document for park and recreational developments along the Cedar River and Black Hawk Creek. The Master Plan covers a wide variety of topics including project recommendations for over two dozen river access areas.
The Master Plan is currently being uploaded to this website, one section at a time. We appreciate your patience as we complete this process.
Last update: April 4, 2019
The full document and individual chapters will be available to download in PDF format here. However, the entire plan will also be available on this page. Check back for updates.
- Introduction to State-Designated Water Trails
- Overview of the Rivers
- Water Quality
- Cedar River Existing Conditions
- Black Hawk Creek Existing Conditions
3. Public input:
- Public Meeting Format
- Survey Results
- Projects Recommended by the Public
- Site Design Considerations and Recommendations Overview
- Black Hawk County Recommendations
- City of Cedar Falls Recommendations
- City of Evansdale Recommendations
- City of Hudson Recommendations
- City of Janesville Recommendations
- City of Waterloo Recommendations
- Cedar Valley Paddlers Trail
- Additional Areas of Interest
For more information about water trails plans throughout the state, visit the Iowa DNR’s Water Trail Development website.